An exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to play a key role in supporting the planning, delivery and evaluation of communication activities for Defence SA and the South Australian Space Industry Centre.
This maternity backfill role will work within the Marketing and Communications team, and work closely with all business units within the agency.
Defence SA is a small and agile agency which provides employees with challenging and rewarding work and great opportunities for learning and development and flexibility.
The Manager Communications works within the Marketing and Communications team. Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the role will support the planning, management and delivery of all agency communication and activities.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in planning, managing and delivery of high quality communications material.
- Experience in supporting marketing campaigns through content development including advertising, public relations, internet, event management and sponsorship.
- Experience in drafting written communication including speeches, media releases, social media and website content.
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to work under limited direction and under pressure to deliver communications by required deadlines.
- Experience in managing staff.
Our Commitment to Diversity
The South Australian Government is committed to building a flexible, diverse and inclusive culture, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups.
This is a contract / term vacancy up to 8 months. The incumbent is required to enter into an annual performance agreement. Work outside of normal hours will be required and the position may require interstate travel involving overnight absences.
Nil (Extensive experience in communication activities and management experience is required)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume, together with a Covering Letter (no more than two pages) outlining your skills and experience giving consideration to the key selection criteria and the experience and skills listed in the role description. Applicants must include the contact information of at least two referees with one being your immediate supervisor/manager and a completed “Pre-Employment Declaration in the SA Public Sector” form.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.