An exciting opportunity for an experienced Workforce and Skills practitioner with Defence Industry experience to implement the South Australian Government’s Defence Industry Workforce & Skills Action Plan. This challenging role will work between two departments and report to the Executive Director Strategy, Skills and Government Relations, Defence SA and the Executive Director Strategy, Policy and Migration, Department of Innovation and Skills.
Defence SA and the Department of Innovation and Skills are key economic development agencies within the South Australian Government, with Defence SA particularly focussed on the defence and space industries. The agency is responsible for supporting the growth of these industries in South Australia and this role will be key to ensuring South Australia meets the associated workforce and skills growth required for the surge in new defence projects in the state.
Defence SA is a small and agile agency which provides employees with challenging and rewarding work and great opportunities for learning and development and flexibility.
The Director, Defence Industry Workforce and Skills will:
- Execute the Defence Industry Workforce & Skills Strategy & Action Plan.
- Provide advice and assist in the development of implementation strategies in the following areas:
- Workforce development
- Workforce data and information
- Workforce policy development
- Skills, training and education initiatives
- Research, monitoring and analysis activities
- Development and execution of studies
Key Selection Criteria:
Demonstrated experience in developing project plans and delivering on complex strategic initiatives involving multiple stakeholders with diverse objectives.
Experience working in Defence or the defence/advanced manufacturing industry which demonstrates:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the industry and its workforce and skills requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the current and future defence industry employment environment.
- Working knowledge of training and development institutions and programs which will support the future industry workforce.
This is a contract / term vacancy up to 24 months. The incumbent is required to enter into an annual performance agreement. Work outside of normal hours will be required as will intrastate and interstate travel involving overnight absences.
Tertiary quaifications or equivalent experience in a relevant field is required.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.